While some impacts of COVID-19 are short-term, others will drastically change the way we live, work, travel and do business far into the future. This in turn will have huge implications for the energy transition.
How has the pandemic affected global energy demand? Have we already passed peak emissions? How will the energy mix change to 2050?
DNV GL’s Energy Transition Outlook is a detailed, widely-referenced independent forecast of the energy future through to 2050, downloaded more than 100,000 times. Group President and CEO, Remi Eriksen will introduce the main highlights of the latest report at the virtual Energy Transition Outlook 2020 launch. Join us on 9 September for expert panel discussions, including:
- Andreas Sohmen-Pao, Chairman, BW Group
- Claire O’Neill, Managing Director Climate & Energy, WBCSD; former UK Minister of Energy & Growth
- Ivor Cato, Group CEO, RES
- Peter Raftery, Global Head of Technical & Commercial Asset Management, Blackrock
- Steinar Eikaas, Vice President Low Carbon Solutions, Equinor
- Maria Moræus Hanssen, Non-Executive Director at Scatec Solar; former COO & Deputy CEO Wintershall Dea
- Remi Eriksen, CEO & President, DNV GL