- Author: Dennis Washburn
- Keywords: Digital solutions, Power and renewables
LOAD delivers a consolidated solution
Five major utility customers have deployed this facility ratings tool to improve operations, reliability, and compliance performance.
Stricter regulations and the need for a consistent, technically accurate facility rating methodology have led many utilities to re-evaluate their processes and tools used in managing element and facility ratings. LOAD delivers a consolidated solution for consistently calculating and approving facility ratings - based on a utility’s established rating methodology. LOAD calculates element ratings and then automatically displays the first and second most limiting series element for a particular facility. LOAD makes it possible to establish a consistent ratings methodology across utility organizations, and improves the usability and availability of facility ratings information for planning and operations. Additionally, LOAD 2.60 provides utilities the consistent, stringent record keeping needed to comply with established facility rating NERC standards, such as NERC FAC-008-3.
LOAD is currently in use or being implemented at some of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of electricity. The growing list of customers includes Dominion, ITC Holdings Corporation, Louisville Gas and Electric Company (LG&E), Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), and Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO).
We selected LOAD to prepare ourselves for coming regulations as well as to optimize the efficiency of our operations,” reports Keith Yocum, Manager of Transmission, Planning and Engineering for Louisville Gas and Electric Company. “It is proving a powerful tool in helping us achieve and demonstrate both compliance and operational efficiency.”LE
LOAD 2.60’s enhanced features include:
- Extending LOAD’s single source of truth approach across the utility enterprise, providing timely, accurate facility ratings with security-controlled accessibility across the enterprise - for engineering, operations, planning, and compliance experts
- Increased configurability – LOAD is capable of alerting specified users when facility ratings change or when pertinent information is updated
- An enhanced platform for reporting and exporting of approved facility ratings
- Data auditability that exceeds current enforceable requirements, preparing utilities to manage risk and proactively demonstrate a technically sound, comprehensive process and a culture of compliance
About DNV GL – Software
DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimisation, QHSE and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
About DNV GL
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.