Acceptance of the Terms of Service
1. This is the terms of service agreement (the “Terms”) between you and DNV GL Business Assurance AS Limited (“DNV GL SustainableI® ”, “we”, “us” and “our”), a company registered, Veritasveien 1, 1322 Hovik, Norway, DNV GL SustainableI® the DNV GL SustainableI® application. For purposes of these Terms, both the Site and application shall be referred to as the "App". By using the App, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to any part of these Terms, do not use the App.
You understand and agree that we may change these Terms at any time without prior notice. The revised Terms will become effective upon posting to the App. Any use of the App after such date shall constitute your acceptance of such revised Terms. If any change to these Terms is not acceptable to you, your sole remedy is to cease accessing, browsing and otherwise using the App.
Accuracy of Information
2. Information may not always be accurate. We use third parties to provide data on which the information and recommendations in the app are based. We and our partners try to make sure that the data is correct and up-to-date, but we cannot guarantee that it will always be. Carbon footprints figures are only estimates, as actual figures are dependent on many factors outside our control. Accordingly, we and our data providers do not accept any liability for any error or omission in the information available or the recommendations made through the App and exclude all liability for any action you may take or loss or injury you may suffer (direct or indirect including loss of income, profit, opportunity or time) as a result of relying on any information available through the App.
3. Making the app reliable and enjoyable means we need to fix bugs, install updates and do general diagnosis and maintenance. We will aim to do so at what we anticipate will be non-peak times.
4. Our and our partners' content. The App contains material, including but not limited to software, text, graphics and images (collectively referred to as the “DNV GL SustainableI® Content”). We may own the DNV GL SustainableI® Content or portions of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content may be made available to us through arrangements that we have with third parties. United Kingdom and foreign intellectual property laws protect the DNV GL SustainableI® Content. Unauthorised use of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content may result in violation of copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no rights in or to the DNV GL SustainableI® Content, and you will not use, copy or display the DNV GL SustainableI® Content except as permitted under these Terms. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original DNV GL SustainableI® Content on any copy you make of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the DNV GL SustainableI® Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the DNV GL SustainableI® Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of any of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited. If you violate any part of these Terms, your right to access and/or use the DNV GL SustainableI® Content and App shall automatically terminate and you shall immediately destroy any copies you have made of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of DNV GL SustainableI® (“DNV GL SustainableI® Trademarks”) used and displayed on the App are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of DNV GL SustainableI™. Other company, product, and service names located in the App may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (“Third-Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with DNV GL SustainableI® Trademarks, “Trademarks”). Nothing in the App or in these Terms should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in the App without the prior written consent of DNV GL SustainableI® specific for each such use. The Trademarks may not be used to disparage DNV GL SustainableI® or the applicable third-party, DNV GL SustainableI® or third-party’s products or services, or in any manner (using commercially reasonable judgment) that may damage any goodwill in the Trademarks. Use of any Trademarks as part of a link to or from any website is prohibited without DNV GL SustainableI® prior written consent. All goodwill generated from the use of any DNV GL SustainableI® ‘sTrademark shall inure to DNV GL SustainableI® benefit.
You agree not to: (a) take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the App’s infrastructure, (b) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the App or any activity being conducted in the App, (c) attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or making up the App, (d) delete or alter any material posted on the App by DNV GL SustainableI® or any other person or entity, or (e) frame or link to any of the materials or information available on the App other than via the official API.
Certain elements of the App are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other local laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content or User Content for the App may be retransmitted without the express written consent from DNV GL SustainableI® for each and every instance.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted on the App infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then current statutory requirements. Notices and counter notices with respect to the Site should be sent to DNV GL SustainableI® at: By Mail:DNV GL Business Assurance AS Veritasveien1 1322 Høvik Norway By Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
5. DNV GL SustainableI® does not claim ownership of any text, images, photos, video, sounds or any other materials (collectively, “Submissions”) that you post on the DNV GL SustainableI® application or email to DNV GL SustainableI™. By providing any Submissions, you hereby grant to DNV GL SustainableI® a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide and irrevocable license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Submissions, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the DNV GL SustainableI® application (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds). DNV GL SustainableI® can continue to use your Submissions in these ways if you cease to use the DNV GL SustainableI® application. You further agree that DNV GL SustainableI® has the right to delete or otherwise edit any Submissions that you post to the DNV GL SustainableI® application at its sole discretion.
6. DNV GL SustainableI™, ITS AFFILIATES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, “DNV GL SustainableI® PARTIES“) MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OF THE APP AND THE UNDERLYING SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY. DNV GL SustainableI® PARTIES SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYED TO THE USER OR FOR ERRORS, MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE DATA OR INFORMATION STREAM FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE APP AND THE CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WHILST DNV GL SustainableI® WILL MONITOR THE APP AND AIM TO FIX BUGS THAT IT SPOTS OR THAT ARE MADE KNOWN TO IT, DNV GL SUSTAINABLE I PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APP OR UNDERLYING SOFTWARE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE APP, ITS SERVER, OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR BUGS OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE APP OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, NO DNV GL SustainableI® PARTY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE APP AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. DNV GL SustainableI® DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE APP WILL WORK ALL THE TIME. DNV GL SUSTAINABLE I PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
DNV GL SustainableI® HAS TAKEN EVERY CARE IN THE PREPARATION IN THE CONTENT OF THE APP. DNV GL SUSTAINABLE I DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AS TO THE ACCURACY OF ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7.1 You acknowledge that the App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements, and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the App meet your requirements.
7.2 We only supply the App for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the App for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.7.3 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY DNV GL SustainableI® PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP AND THE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF A DNV GL SustainableI® PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
DNV GL SustainableI® IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE APP.
SOME STATES AND COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES OR COUNTRIES, THE LIABILITY OF DNV GL SustainableI® PARTIES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE, FOR FRAUD, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDITION THAT WE WILL USE REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL IN PROVIDING THE APP, OR FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BY APPLICABLE LAW BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AND WE DO NOT DO SO AND ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS YOU HAVE AS A CONSUMER ARE NOT AFFECTED.
Our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in all circumstances be limited to £50 ( GBP 50).
8. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless DNV GL SustainableI® Parties from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of these Terms or your access to, use or misuse of the DNV GL SustainableI® Content, the User Content and/or the App. DNV GL SustainableI® shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding. DNV GL SustainableI® reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting DNV GL SustainableI™’sdefense of such matter.
9. Hypertext links in the App may lead to websites which, are not under, operated and/or controlled by DNV GL SustainableI™. DNV GL SustainableI® accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any website which is not operated and/or controlled by DNV GL SustainableI™.
10. Your access to and use of the App is also subject to DNV GL SustainableI® Privacy and Cookies Policy, the terms and conditions of which are hereby incorporated by reference and set out at the following web address
https://www.dnvgl.com/assurance/sustainablei/terms-of-use.html https://www.dnvgl.com/assurance/sustainablei/privacy.html https://my.dnvgl.com/TermsOfUse https://my.dnvgl.com/PrivacyStatement
Additionally, by using the App or any Service, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send using the App may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted
11. DNV GL SustainableI® reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate these Terms and your access to all or any part of the App or the DNV GL SustainableI® Content at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. DNV GL SustainableI® reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the App or the DNV GL SustainableI® Content (including User Content) at any time without prior notice or liability. The following sections of the Terms will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 13.
Law and Jurisdiction
12. English law will govern these Terms. Any dispute arising from, or related to, these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations hereunder.
13.2 Each of the conditions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect
13.3. Failure of DNV GL SustainableI® to act on or enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in these Terms. No waiver shall be effective against DNV GL SustainableI® unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by DNV GL SustainableI® and you, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and DNV GL SustainableI® with respect to the subject matter, and supersede all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter.
13.4 The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import.
13.5 These Terms will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sub-licensees.