LVD CE - Low Voltage Directive
Manage risks arising from the use of electrical equipment.
The Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2006/95/EC is applicable for electrical equipment with a voltage rating between 50 – 1000 VAC or 75 – 1500 VDC. Manufacturers of such equipment must manufacture and test the products according to the LVD requirements in order to CE-mark them and put them on the European market. The directive covers all risks arising from the use of electrical equipment, including mechanical and chemical equipment, health aspects of noise and vibrations, and ergonomic aspects. The directive lays down eleven safety objectives, which represent the essential requirements.
The Low Voltage Directive covers consumer and capital goods, particularly:
- Lighting equipment.
- Switch gear and control gear.
- Electric wiring Appliance couplers and cord.sets
- Electrical installation equipment.
- Electrical equipment intended for incorporation into other equipment such as transformers and motors.
For electrical equipment within its scope, the directive provides the requirements with respect to safety covering all risks, thus ensuring that electrical equipment is safe for its intended use.
For most electrical equipment, the health aspects of emissions of electromagnetic fields are also under the domain of the Low Voltage Directive.
How can we help?We are designated as a Notified Body for the LVD.
Our Services include:
- Drawing up test reports, which may be in accordance with a wide range of IEC or harmonized European standards:
o EN/IEC 60945
o EN/IEC 60950
o EN/IEC 60335 series
o EN/IEC 60065
o EN/IEC 61010 series
- Testing according to customer's own standards Evaluation of technical documentation for CE marking and issuance of Certificate of Conformity