Combined EMS & OHSAS Management Systems Auditor Conversion Course
Why this course?
This course provides an in-depth understanding of the key components of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) ISO 14001:2008 and the Occupational Health & Safety Management systems OHSAS 18001:2007 framed within a wider context of business improvement. The course is focused on auditing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 using a Risk Based approach.
Participants on this course are required to proof they have participated in a 5 day IRCA approved Lead Assessor course in any other discipline, if they wish to certify themselves as IRCA certified auditors.
What we will cover?
The course contains comprehensive coverage of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, its implementation and auditing.
Key themes are:
- An introduction to EMS and OHSAS
- A detailed review of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 using an interactive workshop approach. It is expected that the participants have a basic knowledge of the two standards
- A Risk Based approach to Risks: environmental management, including the identification of impacts and their significance and Health and Safety management based on Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Environmental and Health & Safety legislation
- The roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors
- Planning and conducting an EMS and or OHSAS audit
- Reporting with impact to management
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at delegates wishing to gain a detailed understanding of ISO 14001 and OHSAS for auditing purposes. It will be of interest to those involved with designing and implementing an EMS / OHSAS as well as those wishing to become internal or external EMS / OH&SMS auditors.
For successful completion of the course;
We recommend that you have;
- Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of an IRCA-certificated (or acceptable alternative) Auditor/Lead Auditor training course in another discipline.
- Knowledge of the environmental management & OHSAS management principles and concepts:
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards
- To successfully complete the course, a delegate must pass both part of the exams which consist of Part 1 & Part 2.