Why this course?
This course is designed to provide participant with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015, in accordance with he guidance given in the ISO 19011 for first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO 17021 for third party audits. This course has been registered and certificated by the CQI-IRCA Governing Body and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under CQI-IRCA or other Auditor Certification Shemes.
Who should attend?
Anyone intending to perform audits of quality management system. Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective. An attendee can both start they jorney down the third party auditor route, and/or have an understanding of what third party auditors look for. Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
Course set up
This course has been divided into two parts:
Part I - e-Learning Modules which covers:
• What is a management system
• What is audit and why do we perform them
• Risk based thinking and the process approach
• ISO 9001:2015 from an auditor's point of view
This e-Learning part of the course will take approximately 16 to complete, including self-studying activities in the library and the final test (online).
you can stop and restart the modules as many times as you wish, your work will be saved.
On successful completion of part I (70% score), the participant will be elegible to register for part II, 3 days classroom module.
Part II - 3 days classroom modules covering:
• Feedback on the e-Learning module and the results of the test
• Planning an audit with group and individual exercises
• Executing an audit, with preparation and role-play
• Reporting the results of an audit and presenting this to management in a close out meeting role-play.
• Management systems - What and Why, including the HLS
• What is in audit and why are they necessary
• Risk based thinking process
• ISO 9001:2015 purpose and requiments from an auditing perspective.
• How to plan & conduct audits
• Audit communication
• Value added audit reporting and follow-up
Did you know?
• The e-Learning part of this course will be concluded with a test. The participants should obtain a 70% score to participate in the classroom training.
• Participant evaluation is trough Continous assassment during the complete training course and a closed book examinitation at the end of the course.
• Succesful completion of this course is one of the criteria for you to apply for an CQI-IRCA Lead Auditoe status.
• You can know record your CQI-IRCA certificate to access exlusive resources via www.quality.org/training
It is recommended that you have prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts:
1. The PDCA cycle
2. The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
3. HLS requirements
4. Knowlwdge of the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015.
These prior knowledge requirements can be easily gained by attending our classroom Foundation Course or eLearning Awareness Course on 9001:2015/ Quality Management Systems.