To be determined on request
This course is available on request
We can provide individually designed training courses, tailored to meet your precise requirements. Advanced training courses are delivered by highly experienced engineers at a location of your choice.
The course outline shown below is a 5 day course covering a range of topics. If your training needs are not represented by the topics in this list, we are happy to devise a unique training programme to match your personal requirements.
Course outline (9.30am - 5pm, each day):
Day 1 - Fundamentals of wind turbines and introduction to Bladed
- Introduction to the course
- Fundamentals of wind turbines
- Introduction to Bladed
- Basic terminology
- Demonstration of Bladed
- Rotor aerodynamics
- Forces and Dynamics
Day 2 - Building a turbine model and Hydrodynamic theory
- Building the wind turbine model in Bladed (workshop)
- Floating wind technology and Cost of Energy
- Modelling the sea state (includes workshop)
- Introduction to wave structure interaction
Day 3 - Hydrodynamics in Bladed
- Introduction to BEM solvers (WAMIT)
- Hydrodynamics in Bladed: Morison and BEM
- Mooring lines in Bladed
- Building the floating platform in Bladed (workshop)
Day 4 - Hydrodynamics (continued) and Control systems
- Floating platform verification/validation (workshop)
- Bladed validation and future developments for floating
- Introduction to Control
- VSPR Control design with Bladed
- Controller adaptations to floating wind
- Control system hardware testing
Day 5 - Floating load calculations
- Certification standards for floating wind
- Performing load calculations (workshop)
- Postprocessing (workshop)
- Q & A
Who should attend?
Engineers who are already working with Bladed software or have similar experience, and are wanting to learn more about "floating wind".
This course is offered as client only / in-house and can be adapted to suit your needs.
For people new to using Bladed we also offer Bladed software: standard training.