To be determined
DNV GL has been providing independent technical advice to the renewable energy sector for over 30 years. The marine renewables team, formed in 2005 and built upon the accumulated in-house experience, tools and methodologies, offers services to the marine renewables sector, which span from technical due diligence (owner’s or bank’s engineer) to resource assessment, and include numerical modelling, support to experimental test rounds and strategic studies.
- Tidal stream fundamentals
- Characterization of the tidal stream energy resource
- Overview of tidal stream concepts
- Modelling of tidal stream energy converters as single device and within an array
- Designing for installation
- Operational challenges and understanding project risk
- R & D roadmap: from the computer to the tank; from the tank to the sea
- Future perspectives
- Q & A session
Who should attend?
Project developers, device developers, lenders, marine contractors, network operators and regulators, R&D institutions, leading test centres and other professionals who wish to benefit from DNV GL’s technical and commercial knowledge of the field. DNV GL assumes that attendees have a basic engineering background. No specific knowledge of the sector is required.
If you are interested in this course, please contact Andrew Brown.