Why this course?
This CQI and IRCA Certified course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of OHSMS (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - ISO 45001:2018). Reference is made to the standard ISO 19011 - Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems and the ISO 17021 - Conformity assessment- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of Management Systems.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for anyone who is planning to qualify as a Lead Auditor/Auditor and perform Internal/External audits of OHSMS as per ISO 45001 standard.
- Management systems - What and why, including the HLS.
- What is an audit and why are they necessary.
- Risk based thinking process.
- ISO 45001 purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- How to plan and conduct audits.
- Audit communication.
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up.
- For succesful completion of this course, it is expected that you have prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts:
- The PDCA cycle
- Occupational healty and safety management
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a Foundation OHSMS training course in ISO 45001.
- Participant evaluation is through Continuous Assessment during the training course and a closed book examination (2 hours) at the end of the course.
- A 'Certificate of Achievement' will be awarded to participants who passes both continuous assessment & the written examination.
- Successful completion of this course is one of the criteria for you to apply/upgrade for a CQI and IRCA Lead auditor status.
- You can now record your CQI and IRCA certificate to access exclusive resources via www.quality.org.